Thursday 24 May 2012

New foundations + my top 3

I am ALWAYS, on the hunt for a perfect foundation. I have never had one that I have been 100% satisfied with. For me, the main problem is the colour, the texture doesnt really bother me, and since my skin is normal, I don't care if its oily or matte. I have never found a colour that is perfect. I thought I'd do a little review of the new foundations I purchased, and also show you my all time, top 3.

Clinique mineral powder (natural 5)



This foundation is more like a tinted moisturiser, it gives minimal, light weight coverage, ideal for the Summer, it almost feels as if you're wearing nothing. I bought this especially for exam times since its so easy to apply, and I wouldn't need to apply a setting powder.

Pros:
  • Easy to apply, and compact
  • ideal for summer, nose didn't get shiny throughout the day
  • Good for you, its mineral based and secondly, it very hygienic. Its a pressed-to-loose powder formula, you need to move the dial which "shaves" the loose powder giving you a fresh powder for each application.



Cons:

  • Not my colour! Its a tad bit too dark, i'd rather have a lighter foundation than a darker one, as darker foundations accentuate my discolouration more. Its also a peachy, pinky undertone rather than yellow/orange.
  • Not enough coverage, hid my freckles but not my skin discolouration, (bare minerals covered my discolouration effectively)
Overall, as my main concern is colour, I don't like this foundation so much :'(


Bobbi Brown foundation stick (honey)




 
When I tried this on in the store, I didn't like the colour but bought it anyway because I wasted the shop assistants time (stupid reason lol). Also my friend loved it on me so I took her word for it. Once I came home, and applied it differently, I LOVED it, its slightly dark, but since it has a yellow undertone, it doesn't look bad. I came across the Bobbi Brown book in my uni library (ha!) and I loved how they take into account of different skin colours and ethnicities, so wanted to try out their foundation.

Pros:
  • Very easy to apply and compact
  • Full coverage, but same lightweight feeling you get with the clinique foundation
  • Didn't need to powder, nose didn't get shiny throughout the day
Cons:

  • I would like it if it was slightly lighter
Overall, I love this! It has the same benefits as the clinique foundation but without its cons :)

My top 3


1. MAC studio fix- This gives amazing coverage, covers absolutely ever single flaw, even my discoluration. It is however, quite orange, and the colour difference is very noticable during the day. I use this as a evening foundation and it makes me look SO flawless. You don't need a setting powder or a concealer either which is great!

2. LUSH colour supplement. This makes you look so flawless! My uncle actually commented on it, saying I look "plastic" because my face looked so perfect, Ha! (I hope thats a compliment...), it also looks very dewy. However, it feels quite heavy, and can make you look quite greasy. You will also need to powder/blot your face during the day. I needed a LOT of foundation to set this.

3. Bare minerals. The coverage of this depends on the colour, I had a starter kit and the darker shade accentuated my flaws and didnt give enough coverage, but the lighter one looked perfect, since its undertone is peachy, it does look quite ashy if you try to build it up, and it fades during the day, so you will need a primer or setting spray. Its great for Summer, when your not out for too long.



Me just wearing Bobbi Brown foundation, no concealer or powder

At the moment, I'm loving the Bobbi Brown one, I've only had it for two days, but it seems like it will become one of my top foundations!
Which one is you're favourite? Any suggestions??

Shaz

xxx

5 comments:

  1. hey shaz! u shud try estee lauder double wear stay in place foundation! its rele nice.. but since u dont have much acne or scarring mashallah u can check their double wear light foundation.. comes in a tube!! i hope it helps:) x
    http://shaz-maquillage.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked double wear, I have the powder in wheat and liquid in tawny, preferred wheat but found it too dark. I want to try a different colour, I'll get a sample next time! X

      Delete
  2. new follower- beauty-inspector.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great, it suits your skin tone very well :) xx.

    ReplyDelete